Aphids (Myzus persicae, Brevicoryne brassicae, Lipaphis erysimi)
- The pest attacks both the seedlings as well as the mature crop.
- The nymphs and adults suck the cell sap and devitalize plants.
- Affected parts become discolored and malformed.
- High humidity favours rapid multiplication of this pest.
- The aphids are mostly observed on the lower surface of the leaves.
- Spraying of Monocrotophos (0.05%)
- Malathion (0.1%) at 10-15 days interval contains aphid population effectively.
- To prevent recurrence of the pest granular insecticides like Phorate @ 1.0 kg a.i./ha should be applied to soil.
Submitted by krishnadubey on Thu, 09/08/2012 - 12:20