Training of agricultural experts at KVK and orientation of farmers on E2F and F2E services of vKVK on 17 May 2012 at KVK Bageshwar
Training of agricultural experts at KVK and orientation of farmers
on E2F and F2E services of vKVK
at KVK Bageshwar
The agropedia team from IIT-Kanpur organized a training of agricultural experts at KVK Bageshwar on orientation of farmers and on E2F and F2E services of vKVK on 17 May 2012. The main objective behind organizing such trainings was to launch the E2F and F2E service at KVK Saharanpur. 61 farmers and some KVK experts participated in the training programme. The agropedia team included two agricultural experts Mr. Suneel Pandey and Mr. Krishan Kumar Dubey.
On the advice of Dr. A.K. Singh, Director of ZPD, Zone IV, Kanpur it was launched in three KVK's Pratapgarh, Saharanpur and Bageshwar. Currently, the vKVK services are used in U.P, Uttaranchal, Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka region only. After, its success it is planned to extend to the other states of India also. vKVK is a platform that connects KVKs with farmers through internet and mobile technology. It has SMS and Voice messages facility which facilitates effective and efficient functioning of KVKs as an agro-advisory service provider.
After a brief introduction vKVK services was demonstrated to the farmers and the KVK experts. vKVK is a platform that connects KVKs with farmers through internet and mobile technology. vKVK aims at sending crop and location specific advisory and alert messages to farmers. Its SMS and Voice messages facility facilitates effective and efficient functioning of KVKs as an agro-advisory service provider. He focused on the basic features of the vKVK (virtual Krishi Vigyan Kendra) platform and demonstrated the method of sending messages to the progressive and general farmers. It is a platform that provides facilities like sending messages i.e. text messages and voice messages directly to the progressive and general category farmers for the services which includes sending advisory, alert and private messages. The messages are created according to zone, and then they are forwarded to the farmers of that particular zone. The platform is created with view to help farmers and guide them to follow the proper cropping system, irrigation system, and the precautions to be taken if any disease spread, insect damage, sudden changes in climatic conditions like drought, flood etc is forecasted.
vKVK now stands for voice-KVK as well not just virtual KVK. In here, we have E2F, F2E, E2E (E for expert, F for farmer) voice channels which work entirely through any phone. No need for internet connectivity at all and these services are available over a browser as well.
E2F service has been adopted immediately by the KVK scientists and is being used heavily.
- IVR (Interactive Voice Response) system is developed:In this system three phone numbers are provided through which the registered farmers and experts can interact with each other.
(i) E2F (Expert to Farmers) - 0512-3090900
(ii) F2E (Farmer to Expert) - 0512-3090902
- E2F is Expert to Farmers based service. The registered KVK experts can directly record the agri alerts/advices through mobile phones and send to registered farmers in there zone.
- F2E is Farmers to Expert based service. In this system the registered farmers can directly call the KVK experts of their region and tell their problems.
1. Apart from PC, involve other experts too.
2. Time duration for conversation should be extended, atleast , from 10 am to 6 pm.
3. For calls made after the stipulated time, there should be some facility so that farmer queries could be recorded and experts give answers to them later on.
4. Make no. toll free and put some check on the time duration to avoid useless talks.
5. Involve other departments too, like agriculture deptt, sugarcane etc.