Sulphur Deficiency in sesamum
- The growth of the plant is retarded.
- Leaf size is reduced. Initially, the fully emerged young leaves turn pale.
- Later, turns golden yellow.
- On individual leaves, paling starts from the distal part and spreads to the base of the lamina.
- If severe deficiency continues, the young leaves shed prematurely.
- The number and size of flowers are reduced.
- Under severe deficiency flowers shed prematurely causing loss of pod yield.
- Apply fertilisers containing sulphur to the soil.
- In case of sulphur deficient soils an application of 40 - 60kg/ha sulphur is recommended.
Submitted by krishnadubey on Fri, 03/08/2012 - 16:48