Budget and Finance
- The Govt of India has set a production target of 259 MT of food-grains for the financial year, 2013-2014. Agricultural exports from India have touched about 34 billion USD(Rs 2,0,4,000 crores ) in recent years as per Govt reports, which is a phenomenal leap in growth.
- The Indian Council of Agricultural Research is likely to seek Rs 5,700 cr in the 12th five year plan(2012-2017) ,as an outlay to restructure its extension system under the KVK scheme.
- The annual plan outlay reserved for the Ministry of Agriculture is about 27,049 crores. The National Agricultural Innovation Project(Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana) is to receive about 13,000 crores.
- NABARD(National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development) will encourage the creation of warehouse space as well as cold storage chains through a lending window scheme.
- The Union Government in collaboration with the Spice Board of India plans to set up two spice parks in Uttarakhand. The location of the two parks will be at Sahaspur and Sitarganj. Another park shall be created at Mattupetty(Sivaganga Dist) in Tamil-Nadu. This unit will process chilli and turmeric.
- The Govt wants to promote 60,000 pulse villages across the rain-fed areas of the country to enhance crop productivity.
- The National Mission on Oilseeds and Oil Palm is to be established during the 12th plan, will increase production of oilseeds by about 6.5 MT, and increase the acreage by 1,25,000 hectares. Financial investment is about 3,507 crores.
- Technology has proposals worth 19.25 crores. It has accepted proposals from about 10 processing units, under the “Processing and Product diversification.
- Unique Organics will launch a herbal tea processing unit in the state of West Bengal at an outlay of Rs 500 crores.
- Tata Chemicals is to launch two kinds of organic plant growth regulators FarmGro( as a foliar spray) Farmgro G in the form of granules.
Source: India Brand Equity Foundation(www.ibef.org)
Submitted by Avinash Karnick on Fri, 06/12/2013 - 17:36