Physical Control of Groundnut Bihar Hairy Caterpillar
- Grow trap crops like cowpea and jatropa on field bunds to attract the caterpillars.
- Set up bonfire or light trap or use “Petromax” between 7.0 - 9.30 pm to attract the moths and kill them.
- Grow castor @ 5/6:1 and rabi sunflower in groundnut field to attract & kill the egg mass.
- Mass collection and destruction of eggs and just emerged caterpillars.
- Place the twigs and leaves of calotropis, jatropa and papaya around the field to trap grown up caterpillars.