Use of organic manures in Cotton (Gossypium sp.)
FYM/compost: Irrigated - 4 tonne/ac
Rainfed - 2 tonne/ac
- Incorporate organics (FYM/Compost/Crop residues) into the soil 2-3 weeks before sowing.
- Apply FYM/Compost @ 4 t/ac and 2 t/ac under irrigated and rainfed conditions, respectively.
- Apply Poultry manure @ 0.8t/ac instead of FYM, only under irrigated condition.
- In irrigated and high rainfall areas grow sun hemp (as green manure) between two rows of cotton and incorporate in situ after 30 DAS.
- Incorporate FYM @ 1.2 t/ac along with green leaf manures @ 0.8t/ac (Ex situ), 2 to 3 weeks before sowing in irrigated and assured rainfall areas.
Submitted by naipictuasdharwad on Sat, 25/07/2009 - 16:24