Nursery bed preparation
- Nursery bed should be prepared according to the season and crop.
- In the rainy season raised beds are prepared but in the winter and summer season flat beds should be prepared. Similarly onion in the Rabi season requires flat beds. For the uniform and high percentage of germination the soil must be fine and moist enough.
- Beds should be treated with fungicides.
- If the seedlings are to be raised in polythene bags, potting plugs, wooden treys, earthen pots etc. may be used.
- Soil mixture should be prepared in the ratio of 1:1:1 of soil, sand and well rotten FYM/leaf mould etc. and fill the mixture in these seedlings raising structure.
- Arrangement should be made to drain excess water from these structures by making a hole in the bottom of all types of pots.
Submitted by ajitvegetable on Mon, 23/01/2012 - 16:50