Integrated pest management schedule for sugarcane ratoon crop
At ratooning stage
Scale, mealy bugs, pyrilla, black bugs and army worms
Stubble shaving, burning of left over trashes.
March to June
Application of Endosulphan, @1.0 kg a.i. /ha through irrigation water.
Shoot borer, root borer and top borer
Collection and destruction of egg masses and infested shoots.
Scale and mealy bugs
Drenching the crop with 0.1% Malathion or 0.06% dimethoate after detrashing lower dry leaves at 4-5 internode state
- Conservation of Epiricania melanoleuca cocoons in the area
- Dusting with BHC 10% in case the pest has migrated to other crop
Drenching with Endosulphan /chloropyriphos /quinalphos@ 0.2 kg a.i./ha.
Fields prone to frequent water logging by sprayed with monocroptophos 0.3 kg. a.i./ha or Endosulphan 0.4 kg a.i./ha
Soil application of carbofuran @1.0 kg a.i./ha or phorate @ 3.0 kg a.i./ha
1. Hand collection of adult beetles and grubs.
2. Soil application of HCH 10% dust @50 kg/ha twice at monthly intervals.
Collection and destruction of infested shoots, particularly of primary attack having gregarious stage of the larvae.
- Detrashing of incessant leaves.
- Removal of late shoots at fortnightly intervals until harvest.
Submitted by kanchannainwal1 on Tue, 02/02/2010 - 15:26