Chemical weed control in onion crop
It can be done in the following manner-
- Pre-transplant soil incorporation: Fluchloralin @ 1.0-1.5 kg ha-1 or Trifluralin/Nitralin @ 0.75-1.5 kg ha-1.
- Pre-transplant surface application: Alachlor @ 1.5-2.0 kg ha-1 or Oxadiazon @ 0.5-1.0 kg ha-1 OR Methabenzthiazuron @ 0.5-1.4 kg ha-1 or Pendimethalin @ 0.5-1.5 kg ha-1 or Nitrofen @ 2.0 kg ha-1. Apply these weedicides at 1-3 days after transplanting. And apply to surface of beds just before filling water for transplanting.
- Post-transplant: Nitrofen @ 1-2 kg ha-1or Chlorozuron @ 1-2 kg ha-1 or Propachlor @ 1-2 kg ha-1 or Alachlor @ 1.5-2.0 kg ha-1. It should be applied about 25 days after transplntig.
- Pre-emergence (Nursery): Pendimethalin @ 0.5-1.0 kg ha-1 or Butachlor @ 1.0 kg ha-1. It can also applied to beds 7-10 days before sowing.
- Post-emergence (Nursery): Nitrofen @ 1-2 kg ha-1 or Chloroxuron @ 1-2 kg ha-1.
These herbicides can be used against all type of weeds in the onion crop. The amount of water in the solution for spraying should be proper for better results. The spraying swath should be proper. When we incorporate the Weedicide in the soil, the moisture regime of the soil should be proper for the best results.
Submitted by krishnadubey on Fri, 19/08/2011 - 14:05