Chemical Control of white grubs
- Apply safe chemical insecticides at recommended doses only if the insect population crosses the ETL.
- Spray should be undertaken as a community approach and should be repeated after every rainfall till the middle of July.
- Spraying the trees close to the field with Chlorpyriphos 20 EC @ 2 ml/lit of water soon after first monsoon showers for 3-4 days in the late evening hours kills the adult beetles and reduces root grub infestation.
- Seed treatment with chlorpyriphos 20 EC ( 6.5 to 12.5 ml/kg seed) is found effective.
- In case of severe infestation apply 10% phorate @ 10 kg/ha.
Submitted by bharati on Wed, 19/05/2010 - 15:34