Boron Deficiency in sesamum
- Boron deficient plants appear severely stunted within two weeks.
- Later, depression due to boron deficiency becomes very marked and plants show death of the apical bud of the shoot which leads to development of several auxiliary branches.
- Leaves are thick and brittle and the size of the leaves is reduced.
- Pod formation and seed development are severely reduced by boron deficiency.
- Spray 0.1-0.2% borax or boric acid solution at weekly intervals.
Submitted by krishnadubey on Fri, 03/08/2012 - 16:49